Skin is the most visible part of the body; it acts as a protective layer. Its three lines of defense guard the body against bacteria, viruses, pollution, and other chemicals. It’s imperative that you take regular skin care because slight negligence on your part may hamper the quality of your skin.Remember, good skin also symbolizes good health. In this blog, learn some quick tricks to rejuvenate your skin and keep it healthy.
1. Resort to a Healthy Diet: A healthy diet helps generate healthy and robust cell membranes in the body. Therefore what you eat decides your skin’s health. To have good skin, we have skin-healthy food. Some of them are:
Mangoes: The antioxidant property of mangoes helps to protect collagen- a component of skin.
Tomatoes: Having tomato content in your meal helps to reduce sunburn. Besides, it also has cancer-preventive properties.
Green Tea: A compound found in green tea called ‘polyphenols’ has the property of rejuvenating the skin. It also curbs the excess production of skin cells and prevents inflammation, thus avoiding some skin conditions such as psoriasis and dandruff.
White Tea: It is found that white tea protects the skin from stress and immune cell damage. And also, it has anti-cancer and anti-aging properties.
Drink Enough Water: Staying hydrated is essential for overall health. It moisturizes your skin and keeps it glowing. Everyday drinking 2.5 to 3.5 liters is ideal.
If we go on, then the list is endless. What best you can do is, eat antioxidant-rich food such as blueberries, spinach, kale, and chocolate (To some extent). However, you can not entirely rely on these diets to guard your skin against sunburn. To avoid sunburn, before you step out of your house, use sunscreen whose SPF is above 15.
2. Exfoliate your Skin: It is one of the necessary routines for glowing skin. When you exfoliate your skin gently, it removes the outer layer of dead skin. Removing dead skin improves skin texture and complexion. However, don’t use any harsh device or product to rub your skin. There are many products available today that assures painless, harmless skin exfoliation. If you are planning to buy, check them here.
3. Avoid Stress: You may have seen your skin turning pale and lifeless when you are stressed. That’s because stress is also associated with your skin. High-level stress may cause some of the skin issues such as:
- Scaly skin
- Itchy skin
- Hand rashes
- Uncontrolled sweating
- Hair loss
- Flaky, oily or dry patches on the scalp
If you feel stress is deciding your skin appearance, then keep your stress level in check. Some of the stress reduction techniques are yoga or meditation.
4. Get a Good Sleep: Having a good sleep has many benefits tied to it. A good sleep acts as a deciding factor of good health and skin. The following are some chief benefits of getting adequate sleep at night.
- You avoid dark circles and fine lines around your eyes.
- Inadequate sleep may lead to obesity, immune deficiency, and diabetes.
- Quality sleeping impacts skin functioning and aging. People who have poor sleeping habits show signs of premature aging.
Your skin, blood, muscles, and brain cells regenerate when your mind and body are at rest that is when you are sleeping. The body fails to produce collagen when there’s insufficient sleep. To have seamless body functioning, make sure to get 7-8 hours of sleep at night.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking has a damaging effect on overall health. When you smoke, it restricts the oxygen and nutrient supply to the skin, reduces the blood flow, and drains the skin. Besides, it also reduces collagen production and causes collagen to break down. And repetitive lips pursing also causes wrinkles on the face. Sudden quitting on smoke may seem difficult. So you can reduce it gradually until you quit smoking altogether.
These are some effective habits you can start practicing right away. Within a month, you see drastic changes in skin texture. If you find the blog useful, share with your dear ones, and let them help in uplifting their health.