The skin is the most sensitive and beautiful part of the human body. Unprotected sun exposure, smoking, chemical irritation can all cause more skin damage than you can think of. Except for natural aging, you can largely control the factors that affect the skin. Here are some top ways to reduce premature skin aging and damage.
What’s hampering your skin? Want to find out? Read the blog ‘How to control skin damage for a younger looking skin?’ for more information.
How to Reduce Skin Damage?
1. Protect Your Skin from the Sun
One of the important ways to avoid skin damage is to protect the skin from the sun. Excessive exposure to the sun can cause wrinkles, age spots, and other skin problems. You can follow the below methods for complete sun protection.
- Use Sunscreen: Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 and above. Make a habit of applying sunscreen before shedding your skin in the sun and also reapply it every two hours.
- Seek Shade: The sunrays are strongest between 11 a.m to 4 p.m. Avoid the sun during these hours.
- Wear Protective Clothing: Cover your skin with tight long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and wide-brimmed hats. Consider buying special clothing that is designed to protect skin from harmful UV rays.
2. Quit Smoking
Smoking contributes to wrinkles and takes away your youthful skin. It also narrows the tiny blood vessels present on the outer layer of the skin. It dramatically damages the fibers such as collagen and elastin that provide strength and elasticity to the skin. If you want to take the utmost care, then quitting is the best option. If you are struggling to quit, seek help from therapists, and take treatment.
Your skin may be in trouble for various reasons! To find out where you are going wrong, read the blog Top 5 Reasons Why Your Skin is Getting Damaged
3. Treat Your Skin the Right Way
Cleansing is essential to remove dirt, grime from the skin. But over-cleansing sometimes takes a toll on your skin. The best way to avoid it is to go gentle.
Follow the below steps prevent the skin damage
- Limit bath time: If you are taking longer shower hours, reduce the timings, and use warm water and not hot water.
- Avoid strongly scented soaps: The fragrance additives can strip oil off your skin. Therefore, always go for fragrance-free skincare products.
- Shave carefully: To protect skin from the scars, apply lotions before shaving. And shave in the direction the hair grows, not against it.
- Pat your skin: To retain skin moisture, pat your skin with a dry towel after a bath.
- Moisturize often: Based on your skin type, pick a moisturizer, and apply it twice a day.
4. Eat Healthy Food
A healthful diet makes you look good both on the inside and outside. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Also, consider a diet rich in fish oil and fish oil supplements. Go for food low in unhealthy fats and process carbohydrates. And also, drink plenty of water to keep your skin and body hydrated.
5. Use Natural Skincare Tools
The harsh chemicals in skincare products can irreversibly damage your skin. The best is to rely on natural skincare products that are free of chemicals. Some of the products, like jade roller, come with anti-aging properties. They naturally tighten the skin by detoxifying and boosting blood circulation. Natural skincare products ensure younger looking skin for a very long time.
It’s never too late to start a new skincare regime. All you have to do is start bringing in some changes in your lifestyle. You are sure to see your skin transforming in no time.