Soothe The Common Cold With Aromatherapy Bath Bombs
The common cold, one of the most common illnesses that we fall prey to. There are over 200 different viruses that are capable of causing the common cold, Rhinovirus being the most common of them all, accounting between 10 – 20% each yeah.
Colds usually last about a week but sometimes even longer. The symptoms of having a cold are:
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Weakened sense of taste and smell
How to use aromatherapy to treat your cold
We take a bath every day but imagine you could turn your showers into a miraculous way of upholding your body and preventing ailments such as the common cold.
For most, bath bombs are luxury products. They view bath fizzers as nothing more than an ornament that pleases the eye and pleasures the nose. However, the rightshower bomb can come with various benefits. Essential oils are made using plants, and specific plants such as the eucalyptus have properties that provide relief against the common cold. The essential oils carry the essence of the plants, and by infusing them with your bath fizzers, you can turn your baths into a healing therapy for your body.
How to make a natural bath bomb to combat common cold:
To make your natural bath bomb, you will need –
- Baking soda – 1 cup
- Epsom salt – ½ cup
- Spray bottle – 2oz capacity
- Eucalyptus essential oil – 20 drops
- Ice cube tray or any moulder of your choice
To create the natural bath bomb:
- Fill your spray bottle with water.
- Combine 20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to the water and shake the spray bottle.
- Spray the water onto the baking soda.
- Add Epsom salt till the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pat the mixture into the ice cube tray or the moulder that you want your natural bath bomb to be the shape of.
- Leave it to dry for 12 hours.
- Pop them out of your mould/tray.
- Add the bath bombs to your bath.
The different essential oils you can use and their benefits
By switching out the essential oil in the recipe, you can treat your body for various ailments using the bath fizzers. Eucalyptus is great to battle the common cold; however, if your goal is to attain smooth skin, it cannot help. Here are a few different essential oils and their benefits explained briefly.
- Lavender: relieves stress
- Sandalwood: calms nerves and helps with focus
- Bergamot: reduces stress, smoothes the skin and improves other skin conditions
- Tea Tree: fights infections and boosts immunity
- Peppermint: boosts energy and aid digestion
- Rose: improves mood and reduces anxiety
- Jasmine: helps with depression, childbirth, and libido
- Chamomile: improves mood and relaxation
- Lemon: aids digestion, mood, and headaches
- Ylang-Ylang: treats headaches, nausea, smoothes the skin and improves other skin conditions
Using bath fizzers is a great way to elevate the quality of your bath. Instead of looking at baths being a chore, you can now view them as a healing and relaxational therapy for your body. You can use the recipe given above to create natural bath bombs, or you could try Fragroma that has bath bombs infused with essential oils.