Halloween is coming up; it’s time to put on your creativity caps and come up with spooky costumes and makeup ideas. But poor skin care routine after heavy Halloween makeup could result in facial skin that could very well spook you. Unexpected blemishes, blackheads, whiteheads, and skin irritation may leave you in utter misery.
What Are the Post-Halloween Skincare Routines?
Following the below tips after Halloween saves you from potential skin damages.
Prep your skin for Halloween makeup: Before you decide your Halloween makeup removal routine, it’s good to prepare your skin beforehand. Halloween makeup is something that you don’t wear every day. Your skin may fail to cope with that amount of makeup. Before you apply your Halloween makeup, use a gentle cleanser to remove oil from the skin, and use a right primer. You also make sure you don’t aggravate the skin problem using inferior skin products. Moisturizing your face before makeup is fairly a good idea.
Wash your face: Wash your face immediately after all festivities. Even if you sleep with your makeup on, you can thoroughly wash your face the next morning. But make sure you do not scrub your face at this stage; instead, use a gentle cleanser or technique to wash away all dirt and debris from the face. Doing so serves many purposes; it cleanses pores and prevents breakouts, and prepares the face skin surface to apply other nourishing skin products.
Use antioxidant-rich skincare products: After a Halloween night, your skin needs a bit of revival. Antioxidants are an excellent addition to your skincare routine during this time. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant with numerous benefits like collagen synthesis, protection against UV rays, and other skin-brightening benefits. So, you can buy a serum that is formulated with Vitamin C.
Go for Oil-free makeup: After heavy Halloween makeup, you need to give some time for your skin to breathe. Therefore, temporarily halt applying oil makeup to your skin. Make sure you use makeup that does not clog your pores. Foundations aren’t good choices at this time as they can lead to more breakouts. Foundations can also trap dirt easily and may even highlight your blemishes even more. If possible, go for a no-makeup trend the next day.
Post-Halloween Makeup Tips
If you can spare some time immediately after the Halloween party to take care of your skin, follow these After-Halloween makeup skincare tips.
- Gently remove eye makeup and eyelashes.
- Cleanse your face to loosen up the makeup and embrace gentle exfoliation.
- Stubborn glitter may stick around your skin for a long time and may come in the way of your post-Halloween skincare routine. Therefore get rid of the glitter that is shimmering on your face. ( You could use some DIY hack for this)
- Once your face is makeup and glitter-free, treat your face to your favorite face mask.
- Moisturizing completes your beauty skincare regime. Therefore, pick your favorite moisturizer from the cupboard, gently start applying on your skin.
- Go for a massage-this will restore your glow and make your skin firm. Massaging also addresses many problematic issues caused by Halloween makeup. Gently massaging with a Jade roller is an ideal choice.
Follow this skincare routine and protect yourself from skincare damage. If Halloween night has made your skin more irritant, remember the skincare tricks and tips take their time to be effective.